So many strawberries! I used up the rest of them in this strawberry bread. I liked this bread. I made 4 mini loaves with this recipe and baked them for a little less time. The tops of the loaves got nice and crunchy. The bread is wonderfully moist. The strawberry pieces are not too sweet and perfectly tart.
I usually grease and flour my bread pans, but I tried something different with this bread. I greased and floured 2 of the pans and greased and sugared the other two.
The sugared loaves actually came out of the pans easier and gave a lovely crunchy exterior to the bread. I will definitely use this method again for my quickbreads.
Strawberry Bread (Adapted from Allrecipes)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Slice strawberries, and place in medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle lightly with sugar, and set aside while preparing bread mixture.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in large bowl: mix well. Blend oil and eggs into strawberries. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Divide batter into pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until tester inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn loaves out, and cool completely.