These sandwiches made for such an easy dinner. Grilled cheese is always delicious, but the addition of tart apple slices and yummy bacon make it extra tasty. I usually add sliced tomato to grilled cheese sandwiches, but I might make these apple & bacon grilled cheeses my new go-to sandwich.
I used white cheddar cheese, granny smith apple, thick sliced bacon and sourdough bread spread with dijon mustard for the sandwiches. You could make these in a skillet, or in a panini press (which is what I chose to use). Serve along side a bowl of tomato soup or a green salad.
Grilled Cheese with Apple & Bacon
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- Dijon mustard
- 8-10 slices good cheddar cheese
- 4-6 slices cooked bacon
- 8-10 slices tart green apple
- Spread bread with Dijon mustard, then layer cheese, bacon, apple and cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
- Butter outside of the bread and grill on hot skillet or panini press.