There was a time in my life that I would have turned my nose up at a cookie recipe that used a cake mix. Times have changed.
Like many of my baked goods these days, this one was an attempt to use things I had on hand. I had a cake mix, a jar of peanuts, and chocolate chips. So, I made these cookies. And they are not bad.
These cookies taste like a cake mix, and that’s OK with me. I happen to like that flavor every now and then. The mix I had already had some little chips in it, so add a few more chocolate chips if your mix does not. I used half butter and half margarine since I had half sticks of both in the fridge. These were crazy delicious while still warm and gooey in the middle. They weren’t quite as good the next day for some reason. Just pop one…or two…or five in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to warm them up, and enjoy with a cold glass of milk. Mmmmm…
Switch the chips for whatever you want. Use different nuts. Whatever. Enjoy!
Fudgy Chocolate & Peanut Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mi
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Beat butter or margarine until smooth. Beat in cake mix, then oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in peanuts, and chips.
- Bake cookies at 350°F for 9-12 minutes.