There are no words. Just salivation.
Baking Bites (link here) does a post called “Bites from Other Blogs” where she introduces you to new food blogs and recipes. This one caught my eye, and thanks to always buying more than I need I had a fresh box of OREOS in the pantry! It was fate, my friends, fate.
The recipe came from picky-palate.com and I will be forever thankful to both blogs for introducing me to this cookie! Bless you, Jenny! I am now subscribed to your blog : )
The only change I made was to use part of a bag of chocolate chips, some Heath bar bits, and some chopped semi-sweet chocolate to make the full 10 ounces. I liked the combination of chips, chunks and bits of toffee. It makes these cookies even better, in my opinion anyway. These are so evil. I recommend bringing somewhere to pawn them off on other people so that you are not tempted to eat them all yourself!
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough.
- Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.