These cute little cupcakes were for a December birthday lunch at work. I really over-committed myself this week. We attended Ben’s office party on Tuesday night, I volunteered to make a dessert for the birthday lunch, I’m bringing Swedish meatballs and a very time consuming little cookie to a Christmas party tonight, and I’m hosting a cookie swap tomorrow that I have yet to bake cookies for. Yikes! Needless to say, I did not want to make something complicated or too terribly time-consuming. So, I made spice cupcakes…from a box!
I wasn’t lazy enough to use canned frosting, so I made a basic cream cheese frosting and added a few tablespoons of maple syrup. It was a bit of a stretch for me as a recipe follower, but it turned out to be a nice frosting for the spice cupcakes.
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick butter
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Mix in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time until it is a bit thicker than your desired consistency.
- Add maple syrup and beat until smooth.