Summer is coming, and summer calls for light, refreshing summer-y desserts. These lemon blueberry cheesecake bars blend the perfect amount of sweetness, tartness, richness, creaminess and crunchiness.
You could probably use any berry with good results. I love the combination of lemon and blueberry, so these are my kind of dessert bar. They are very sturdy, so they would travel well. Bring them on your next picnic! Enjoy.
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup blueberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine blueberry filling ingredients; stir until corn starch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine all crumb mixture ingredients except butter; mix well. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly in bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended; pour into baked crust.
- Spoon blueberry filling over cream cheese filling, lightly swirl with knife.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over filling.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, then chill. Cut into bars.